Your Calling

Music of Choice: Way Maker, Miracle Worker, Promise Keeper, Light in the Darkness by Michael W. Smith

On April 2, 2022 I had a dream: I was at a fast food restaurant but their ability to get the food out was slow. A guy was mad at me because I am not listening to him and he was running short of containers for me. Then suddenly I am driving down a twisty road at extremely high speed but in full control.

 

INTERPRETATION:

Recently I purchased the exam prep package for my real estate license. It is going super fast but the doors keep opening and as I sheepishly walk through them, I’m overwhelmed by His peace! Faith is a journey, it is what you put into it is the important part. In the dream where I’m driving down a twisty road but in full control while driving extremely fast reminds me of a previous post where Amanda references that “the spiritual realm is like driving on the autobahn.” Because I had this dream on April 2, 2022 and in real life the beginning of a real estate career is moving fast, it doesn’t surprise me that this statement is true compared to my reality.

          2 Peter 1:5-10 [Fruitful Growth in the Faith] “But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins. Therefore, [sister], be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble.”

          The meaning of diligence: noun. [Latin: to love earnestly, to choose]. 1. Steady application in business of any kind; constant effort to accomplish what is undertaken; exertion of body or mind without unnecessary delay or sloth; due attention; industry; assiduity (assiduity means – constant or close attention to what one is doing). 2. Care; heed; heedfulness. Diligence under Noah’s dictionary also states that it is the philosophers stone that turns every thing to gold. Proverbs4:23, “Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life.” In the dream, the fast food restaurant was slow at their service and in reality, I've been a sloth about taking the leap of faith entering into this calling on my life of becoming a real estate agent. I needed to overcome some lies first!

          Ezra 7:23 “Whatever is commanded by the God of heaven, let it diligently be done for the house of the God of heaven.” I had a dream where it felt like I was selling homes in the third heaven. And when I woke, I felt elated by the idea of this being a potential opportunity in my own life, but I believed in the lie that I was too stupid and people would doubt that I could never become successful. From my previous post, I talked about taking every thought captive in obedience to the Lord. I have taken this verse very seriously throughout my journey and have applied this to every lie I thought of myself. This was one that went all the way back to childhood. I picked it up somewhere along the way and lived life under that eye gate filter. (Book: Lies Women Believe by Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth)

          The meaning of virtue: noun. [Latin: virtus, from vireo, or its root word: WORTH. The radical sense is strength, from straining, stretching, extending. This is the primary sense of Latin vir, a man. Virtue is nothing but voluntary obedience to truth. Because I had believed in the lie from Satan, I allowed him to set the standards for me. I remember thinking at one point in my teenage years that if I was stupid and no one understands what I’m trying to say, why then conversate with people? There lies the birth of another lie: I am unworthy. This is why the man believes that I'm not listening, could it be because I believed the lie that no one hears me? Possibly. (My mama always does though, something about a mom's love supersedes lies πŸ˜‡.)

The Lord asked what a container meant to me, I said it is something where you store food, things, and special memories (i.e. scrapbooks, yearbooks, vacation memorabilia, etc.). I discovered that I had taken these lies and placed them into the memory bank container of special things the Father had for me and allowed it to corrode the plans He already predestined for me. Romans 8:30 “Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.”

          I had another dream where another person and I were running to our destination but ran into a huge incident that wasn't supposed to happen because it wasn't according to our master plan. So when I got to the FBI van where there were 3 others, they said "sorry, we didn't see that coming.” I said, "I did, and it's fine. We know how these people work". Out of the three, one in particular were very excited to tell me that what I had done was making the real estate market go up 4 points, and he put up his hand to show the number 4, then he said "2" and then he said "but 3". But 4 was the overall points he wanted to show me and they were excited that it was complete. Then I saw two documents. One document had an everyday average Joe FBI agent name at the top, and the other document had the name Courtney Love at the top and was handed to me. 

(Side note: God uses figurative language that His children know, so in this case He used Courtney Love the name from the famous rock star because I know who this is. Someday in the future I will do a post about dreams).

          When I woke up, God reminded me of the other dream I had involving real estate and Genesis 41:25,32 where Joseph is interpreting Pharaoh’s two dreams. It says, “Then Joseph said to Pharaoh, “The dreams of Pharaoh’s are one; God has shown Pharaoh what He is about to do." Verse 32, “And the dream was repeated to Pharaoh twice because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass.” It took me a few days to process that these two dreams He was speaking to me about real estate were one in the same and that it was going to happen in short order. The spirit realm autobahn driving is about to come to pass in Angie's realityπŸ˜€.

Nevertheless, He wanted me to look up the name Courtney and what it meant. So, I obeyed and was surprised to find that it meant “surrounded by God’s love.” And the definition of love is God. Courtney is also defined as “short” (*insert laughter because I am a short woman*) and “in the King’s court”. 

Who is in charge of your life?

Dr. David Jeremiah said, "A large log was swept from the bank of a fast-flowing river and is hurtling through the rapids. (The log is our world.) On the log are thousands of tiny ants, all of whom think they are in control of the log. (We are the ants.) Is anything more absurd than for a tiny ant to think it is in charge of a giant log that is careening on the waves of a raging river? And yet, men and women often think that we can change the outcome of this tumultuous world and bring it safely to what we think is the best outcome. The Bible states the obvious opposite: This world belongs to God, and God alone is able to work out His purposes for the world He created. 

Don’t let the tumult in our world create fear in your heart. God has been, is, and will remain on the throne ruling His creation."

 

“Nothing is beyond God’s control. The Bible is clear that God is in control of everything that happens.” Joni Eareckson Tada.

 

          In order to overcome the lies that Satan has fed us over and over again, we must be diligent to take every thought captive, believe that you are made in God’s image, and He knew you before you were in your mother’s womb. Therefore, as a testimony to this very advice, I had to take these lies Satan kept feeding me, captive and apply what God says about me:

          😊 I need to stay diligent.

          😊 I am worthy of His calling.

          😊 I am justified.

          😊 I am surrounded by His love.

          😊 And, He is in control!

 

Joyful Home Welcomes You!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bring Your Guard Down

A Trump Dream

Someone Loves You!